Calling all lawyers, law firm managers, consultants and vendors! The College of Law Practice Management and Georgetown Law invite you to the 2012 Futures Conference, October 26-27, at the Georgetown Law Center, Washington, DC. Where better to examine leading-edge law practice management issues than to tap our Fellows and guests who are making the future happen now? We’ll discuss:
- The New Model of Law Firms
- “Value” From the Eyes of Different Beholders
- Managing Partners of the Future
- The Myriad Challenges of Diversity
- The Consumer Law Revolution (and What It Means for Biglaw)
- 2012 InnovAction Awards Presentation (hosted by yours truly, the awards chair)
- New Normal from the GC Perspective
- Also, for first time, the Legal Academy Practice Research Report —where academics cast a cold eye on your most vexing issues.
The roster of speakers and presenters is unprecedented and includes Jim Sandman, Susan Hackett, Eric Margolin, Amar Sarwal, John Michalik, Thomas Grella, Fredrick Lautz, Charles Vigil, Ward Bower, Aric Press, Toby Brown, Mark Chandler, Tanina Rostain, Stephanie Kimbro, Michael Mills, Marc Lauritsen, Mitt Regan, Juliet Aiken, Heather Bock, Lisa Rohrer, Verna Myers, Ron Friedmann, Mark Cohen, Ben Lieber, Andy Daws, Patrick Lamb and Steve Nelson. For more details on each speaker, visit the conference website. If you don't know most, or even many, of these speakers, then you can't possibly be serious about adapting to the new normal.
Learn more about the sessions from conference co-chair, Ron Friedmann, here.
Download the complete Futures Conference brochure here.
Expect a lively and engaging event. Panel presentations with active audience input will combine with breakout sessions to help you understand the forces jolting the legal market today.
Registration is Open
Special thanks to event sponsors (Platinum) Greenfield Belser, Attorney at Work and Practical Law Company, (Gold) American Bar Association's Law Practice Management section, the Canadian Bar Association, International Legal Technology Association, Ricoh Legal and Thomson Reuters and (Silver) Alexander Open Systems, Altman Weil, Inc., Association of Legal Administrators and the Legal Marketing Association.