The InnovAction Awards is a worldwide search for lawyers, law firms, and other deliverers of legal services who are currently engaged in some extraordinary innovative efforts. The goal is to demonstrate to the legal community what can be created when passionate professionals, with big ideas and strong convictions, are determined to make a difference. Each year, the College of Law Practice Management presents the coveted InnovAction Awards to those unsung heroes and rising stars within the legal profession who dare to think differently and succeed by doing so.
What are the awards criteria?
- Originality: Is this a novel idea or approach or a new twist on an existing idea or approach? Novel does not mean “new to your firm.” The focus is on change in the legal services industry.
- Disruption: Does this entry change an important element or established practice of the legal services process for the better, and marketplace expectations along with it?
- Value: Is the client and/or legal industry better off because of this entry, in terms of the affordability, ease, relevance or effect of legal services? It is law departments? Clients generally or a subject of clients? Law firms? Lawyers generally? Others?
- Effectiveness: Has this entry delivered real, demonstrable or measurable benefits, for the provider, its clients, or the marketplace generally? The judges are keenly interested in performance metrics. What change or outcome was expected? And importantly, what results were obtained?
- Time frame: Action must have taken place within no more than three years prior to this entry. Please include dates!
Who is eligible to enter?
Any individual lawyer or law firm, practicing anywhere in the world, or any business providing services to lawyers, law firms or consumers, is eligible. An individual lawyer or law firm may submit more than one entry so long as the entries are not duplicative. Only entries submitted in accordance with these instructions will be considered. We reserve the right to disqualify, at any time, any and all entries that do not comply with these instructions. All entries and supporting documents are subject to verification. Once submitted, entries become the property of the College of Law Practice Management and will not be returned. All entrants must be willing for their entries to be the subject of articles published in legal and business media. All entrants must be available for interviews and provide requested information in connection with verification of entries to The College of Law Practice Management. Any entrant who fails to comply with the foregoing will be disqualified.
Organizations employing members of the Board of Trustees of the College of Law Practice Management or members of the InnovAction Award Selection Committee are ineligible for consideration.
InnovAction Award winners are recognized around the world as being the best of the best among individuals, firms and legal service providers who are taking chances and creating advantages for law practices.
- InnovAction Winners receive a beautiful crystal award at the InnovAction Awards ceremony as a part of the Futures Conference and are invited to make a presentation at the conference on their innovations.
- Winners will be highlighted and promoted in ads placed in our media sponsor publications, on the College website and featured in the College of Law Practice Management’s quarterly newsletter.
- Winners will be prominently featured on the InnovAction Hall of Fame page that celebrates the innovative accomplishments of lawyers and law firms on a global basis.
View the 2017 InnovAction Award winners here.
Browse the Hall of Fame to learn more about past InnovAction Award recipients here.
For additional information, and to download the entry form, visit the How to Enter page here.
If you have any questions about the InnovAction Awards, please contact either:
Patrick J. Lamb
Valorem Law Group
College of Law Practice Management