Back to All Events

Ark Group presents "Successful Collaboration Between Law Firms and Legal Departments: The Real Next Frontier!"

  • Gleacher Center 450 North Cityfront Plaza Drive Chicago, IL, 60611 United States (map)

What are legal department’s biggest pain points in working with outside firms?

Since we know that only 25% of the Fortune 500 in-house legal departments are seriously engaged in legal operations, there is a huge opportunity for law firms and the remaining 75% of legal departments to work together to create better efficiencies, predictability in fees and true innovation of services.

As one innovative in-house counsel (who has been implementing successful legal operations for two years) put it:

“Everybody keeps saying the legal services industry is at a tipping point; that it’s so broken, radical change is badly needed. But until recently, nobody had taken the time to try to define what kind of comprehensive change was  needed. No one had tried to set forth what true north is for this industry.”

Ark Group’s Successful Collaboration Between Law Firms and Legal Departments: The Real Next Frontier places law firms and in-house counsel in the same room, to begin to synthesize, together what legal operations encompasses, and other concepts that can improve engagements, working relationships and the delivery of services.

Attendees of this full-day program will gain an understanding of legal operations, how it’s evolving and why clients (i.e. legal departments) are now the general contractors of legal work. Featuring discussion topics such as:

  • The Rise of Legal Ops: The Future is NOW

  • The Bridge Between Process Improvement (PI) and Project Management (PM) & Opportunities for Transformation and Innovation

  • Legal Design Thinking

  • A Corporate Perspective: What Clients Really Want

It’s no longer the law firm calling the shots. But there has never been a better time to develop competitive advantages through the delivery of greater client value. Discover an original approach to improving legal and business processes that combine various process improvement and project management methodologies.

It’s too late for your firm to be an "early adopter" of legal operations ... but your law firm or legal department doesn’t have to be a “late adopter” or a "laggard" either. The number of law firms taking a proactive stance to leverage operations with clients and targeted potential clients is steadily, albeit slowly, increasing.

We hope you will join us, along with your industry peers this coming December in Chicago, as we collectively address changes in the way legal and business professionals (clients, legal departments and law firms) collaborate to innovate, improve processes, increase efficiency, and deliver greater value in a way that benefits everyone.

Earlier Event: November 27
LMA Eastern Canada Regional Conference